Wednesday, March 25, 2009

pure joy.




so, it's been a really long time since i last blogged and people are starting to get on me about it so i thought i better post! so much has been going on in my life since my last post and it all revolves around my precious son. every time i look at him, i thank God for blessing me with this perfect angel. everything about him is so pure and so innocent. i simply can't get enough of him. it melts my heart everytime he looks at me and smiles or laughs, or even when i hear him competing for "loudest snorer" against daddy. it's funny the things i get so excited about these days, just over a year ago i used to get so excited about some fun party we were going to on staurday night and last week, i nearly peed my pants with excitement, when grayson grabbed his first toy and put it in his mouth. two days ago i felt the same excitement when he rolled over for the first time. the excitement i get from those little joys is the kind that makes me so happy i could cry! last week while we were sitting in the dealership getting my car serviced, travis taught grayson how to box. he taught him a good right hook, a good left hook, and how to guard his face at all times. grayson loved it, and laughed so hard that he immediately got the hiccups. i love to watch travis and grayson together. there's nothing sweeter than a daddy loving on his baby! grayson loves having his daddy home. and i swear he knows as soon as he leaves to go back to work, because the first two days after trav leaves, grayson is always so fussy. it makes me so sad, so we talk about daddy alot and read "My Daddy Loves Me" at night when he is gone. we are completely smitten by our grayson!
amidst all this joy, my family and i have been dealing with the illness of my grandmother. my grandmother is truly the most amazing women i have ever known, in every way possible. if i end up to be half the women she is, id be doing great! about the time grayson was born, my grandmother was diagnosed with a very rare terminal illness that has taken tolls on her body in ways i never knew possible. it amazes me every day how strong she is for fighting this disease. her life has been turned upside down, but one thing that brings her joy are her great grandbabies, so i take grayson to see her quite a bit. i'd do anything to put a smile on her face.
on a lighter note, i have started or attempted to start wedding planning. i have been looking at places and getting ideas together. it seems so fun to do all of this, but i know its going to get stressful and very time-consuming, but im so excited. i cant wait to marry travis ! so any ideas for fun wedding ideas are appreciated. and im looking for royal blue wedding shoes, like the ones carrie wore in SATC, however not priced like manolo's, so if youve seen any let me know! i cant wait to start this exciting process!







3 comments:

The Sturgeon Family said...

Nina makes some beautiful blue shoes! Also, log onto zappos.com and shoebuy.com and search blue shoes. Hope that helps. Love you and love that you FINALLY updated your blog.

Tricia Keierleber said...

You're back! FINALLY! :) I'd love to see Grayson and help with wedding planning if you want! :)

Ivy said...

yayyyyy you bloggedd! i heard your getting married at Agave!!! its gorgeous isnt it? :)

you are going to have so much fun planning. and grayson is amazing!